Monday, August 6, 2007

Summer

To my dear readers, I have not fallen off the face of the planet - yet. It seems that each year as you approach summer you think that you will have nothing to do to fill your days. The next time you can think of it, it is August when you see the back to school displays in the stores (do they realize how depressing it is?).
Although summer may be busy, I often learn the greatest lessons from God during this time. I was able to work at a camp for 5th and 6th graders earlier this summer where we focused on the theme that Christ is our Treasure. We can search all the world and look to family, friends, money, fashion, education, jobs, boyfriends/girlfriends, etc but none will fulfill our lives. I find myself asking "Am I willing to give up everything (family, home computer, cell phone, books, piano, family, friends, goals for life), that means everything in order to follow Christ with all my heart?" When I realize how hard it is to let go of everything I need to look at where my priorities in life are set at. As Americans we are very goal and money oriented. I want to climb the corporate ladder and succeed with my future but I also need to let all of that go, enjoy being in this stage of life, pursue God with my whole life while I have that unique opportunity.
So as summer comes to a close and you have a spare moment of time, reflect on Christ as your treasure, set up a date night with you family, read a good book, play a game with a friend, walk in the sunshine, and enjoy life in the unique stage of it that you are in.

1 comment:

Unknown Soldier said...

[9] And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.



Matthew 11
[15] He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Revelation 8
[6] And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.

Revelation 11
[15] And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
NEW TESTAMENT BIBLE STUDY
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<


Billionaires are BRILLIANT !

scratchwiththechickens@gmail.com
seeking benefactor


!